Joint Legislative Audit Committee
Arizona Revised Statutes §41-1279 established the Joint Legislative Audit Committee (JLAC). Among other duties, it is charged to:
- Oversee all audit functions of the legislature and state agencies including sunset, performance, special and financial audits, special research requests, and the preparation and introduction of legislation resulting from audit report findings.
- Appoint an auditor general subject to approval by a concurrent resolution of the legislature and direct the auditor general to perform all sunset, performance, special and financial audits, and investigations.
- Require state agencies to comply with findings and directions of the committee regarding sunset, performance, special and financial audits.
The Committee consists of 5 Senate members appointed by the President of the Senate and 5 House members appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Other committee specifics include:
- A member of the Senate Appropriations Committee and a member of the House Appropriations Committee are required members.
- The President and Speaker designate 1 of their appointed members as chairman of their respective delegation.
- The President and Speaker serve as ex officio members.
- Members are selected, in part, based on their understanding and interest in legislative audit oversight functions.
The current JLAC members:
|Matt Gress, Chair
|Sonny Borrelli, Vice Chair
|David C. Farnsworth
|Ben Toma, ex officio
|Warren Petersen, ex officio